Autism Books - 1980
- American Psychiatric Association.
- DSM-III: Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (3rd edition)
Replaced by DSM-IV.
- Peggie Everard.
- Involuntary Strangers: Autism: The problems faced by parents
(London: John Clare Books, 1980).
Account by a parent; includes information about the founding of UK's National Autistic Society.
ISBN: 0906549108 (hardcover, 240 pages).
- Judith E. Favell & James W. Greene.
- How to Treat Self-Injurious Behavior
(Austin, Texas: Pro-Ed, 1980).
Part of the series Teaching the Autistic.
ISBN: 0890790558 (46 pages).
- Warren. H. Fay & Adriana Luce Scholer.
- Emerging Language in Autistic children
(Baltimore: University Park Press, 1980).
Part of the series Language intervention.
Volume V in the series.
ISBN: 0839115865 (216 pages).
- David A. Krug & et al.
- Autistic & severely handicapped in the classroom: assessment, behavior management, and communication training
(Portland, Or.: ASIEP Education Co., 1980).
106 pages. Also Pro-Ed, Austin Texas, 108 pages. Includes bibliography.
- Eric Schopler, Robert J. Reichler & Margaret D. Lansing.
- Individualized Assessment and Treatment for Autistic and Developmentally Disabled Children
(University Park Press, 1980).
Series of three (later four) volumes: see separate entries: Psychoeducational Profile--Revised (PEP-R): Volume I, Teaching Strategies for Parents and Professionals: Volume II, Teaching Activities for Autistic Children: Volume III, and Adolescents and Adult Psychoeducational Profile (AAPEP): Volume IV.
- Eric Schopler, Robert Reichler & Margaret D. Lansing.
- Teaching Strategies for Parents and Professionals: Volume II
Part of the series Individualized Assessment and Treatment for Autistic and Developmentally Disabled Children.
Second of four volumes that contain the theoretical and application guidelines of TEACCH. Available from Pro-ed & NC bookstore.
- Christopher D. Webster, ed.
- Autism, New Directions in Research and Education
(New York: Pergamon Press, 1980).
Part of the series Pergamon General Psychology.
282 pages. 87th in series
ISBN: 0080250831 .