Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE)
is a satellite collecting particle data from
Solar Wind and Cosmic Rays.
It was launched in 1997 targeted for
a 5 year mission but with sufficient fuel to stay in orbit until 2024.
It orbits near the L1 Lagrangian Point of the Earth and Sun.
- CRIS ("Cosmic Ray Isotope Spectrometer")
- RTSW ("ACE Real Time Solar Wind")
- ULEIS ("Ultra-Low Energy Isotope Spectrometer")
- SEPICA ("Solar Energetic Particle (SEP) Ionic Charge Analyzer")
- SIS ("Solar Isotope Spectrometer")
- SWEPAM ("Solar Wind Electron, Proton and Alpha Monitor")
- EPAM ("Electron, Proton, and Alpha-particle Monitor")
- MAG ("Magnetometer")