Chandra X-ray Observatory (Chandra) is an
X-ray observing satellite launched 1999 and still
in use in 2012.
- SIM "Science Instrument Module"
- ACIS "Advanced CCD Imaging Spectrometer"
- HRC "High Resolution Camera"
- Transmission gratings (high resolution Spectroscopy)
- HETGS "High Energy Transmission Grating Spectrometer" (.4-10 keV)
- LETGS "Low Energy Transmission Grating Spectrometer" (.09-3 keV)
Chandra projects to carry out lengthy X-ray
objects have been labeled X-Ray Visionary Projects (XVPs).
Extended Chandra Deep Field-South Survey (ECDFS)