Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter
(space probe orbiting the Moon)
The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) is a NASA space
probe orbiting the Moon, performing measurements.
It was launched in 2009 and still in operation in 2015.
- CRaTER - "Cosmic Ray Telescope for the Effects of Radiation"
- Diviner - "Diviner Lunar Radiometer Experiment"
- LAMP - "Lyman-Alpha Mapping Project"
- LEND - "Lunar Exploration Neutron Detector"
- LOLA - "Lunar Orbiter Laser Altimeter"
- LROC - "Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera"
- Mini-RF - "Miniature Radio Frequency" Radar
LCROSS was a companion of LRO, the pair being two parts of
a single NASA project.